Thursday 18 August 2011

i could drink a case of you

I say I've got the prairies, instead of the blues.

Growing up in a land where there is only two halves: the sky and the fields, where the horizon is never clearer, where the sky is so open you wonder who cracked this world open, really makes you miss it when you go. Living in the big city with the beautiful architecture, metal buildings, people wearing walking art, makes one constantly amazed, but also always a little homesick for home. For fresh air. For driving for hours and seeing nothing.

You know,  Joni Mitchell was a prairie girl too.
You can hear the soul in her songs, the prairie singing out from deep in her soul, the beautiful nothingness singing out from her soul.  I am leaving home next week, and going back to the big city. And I am excited! But I am nervous, too, to leave the ones I love, and to leave the familiar, and afraid to go back to where I failed and to do it all over again. But I will change.  I will become a famous and talented actress. I will be happy, I will be surrounded by wonderful friends, and I will be more than okay. Here is my third summer playlist (You can tell it starts to sound more like fall!):

1. Long Shadows - Josh Ritter
2. Night Terror - Laura Marling
3. Strings - Young the Giant
4. Jumpstart - These Kids Wear Crowns
5. Nothing to Worry About - Peter Bjorn and John
6. Rococo - Arcade Fire
7. Woods - Bon Iver
8. Armistice - Phoenix
9. Missed the Boat - Modest Mouse
10.  Up From Below - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
11. Hang Me Up To Dry - Cold War Kids
12. Hard Headed Woman - Cat Stevens
13. Music - Madonna
14. America - Simon and Garfunkle
15. A Case of You - Joni Mitchell
16. Loving You - Paolo Nutini
17. Timshel - Mumford and Sons
18. It Was Love - Julia and Her Piano

Went for lunch today at a new restaurant called Browns Social House. I had a Baileys and coffee, water, another coffee, shared classic hot wings, the veggie burger with a side of Cowboy salad. The wings were really hot and quite tasty. The rest of my meal was mediocre, not amazing. They charged extra to sub the fries for anything; I subbed in the salad for the fries, and the extra charge was no problem, but just interesting. I thought it was overpriced for the quality of food, but it was a good experience. I wore my sexi wide leg floral pants from Zara, and felt like I was wearing my pyjamas. But in my rush to run out the door, I slipped into my black loafers that did not match at all, so I was disappointed! Changing into boyfriend jeans and a white tee with hot pink lips for work, I made sure to grab the right shoes on the way out! I wore my black sneakers to walk to work, and changed into the caramel clogs as soon as I arrived.



 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment